Is your amazon firestick remote not working? let’s check out the methods that are avaiable to fix it right away. It is truly irritating when firestick remote stops working suddenly for no reason. It’s even more disturbing if the firestick remote doesn’t work when you want to watch some movie or listen to music in your free time.
We too have come across such an issue earlier but not anymore. We have tried here and there to fix amazon fire tv remote but ended up watching my favorite movie on my phone. But finally, we were able to figure out the exact reasons why the amazon firestick remote not working after update and fixed it like a pro.
Why Does Firestick Remotes Stop Working?
There are multiple reasons for this, if you can look into it from the roots. I am pretty sure that you will be able to understand the fact that it’s not something which is eternally powerful that doesn’t get any problems.
It’s quite common for any remote, be it your smart tv remote or a gaming console remote or a music system’s remote. We have listed down all possible reasons which may be causing your amazon fire tv stick remote not working while installing apps such as Cinema HD or any other app.
It could be the very first reason if your firestick remote stops working suddently. It means that the batteries that you are using as the power source for your amazon firestick are drained.
Remote Is Not Paired With Your Firestick
This is one of the most faced issues by a lot of people. Everyone will start using the remote with their fire tv as soon as as they receive it. But that should be paired first, otherwise you will not be able to use it.
You Are Trying To Operate From Long Distance
It could be another possibility that you might feel sad about your firestick remote. Every remote in the world will have a range and it won’t work properly if you cross the range of that particular remote.
Corrupted Firestick Remote
It’s not your fault! sometimes, you may receive a faulty remote from the store or from an e-commerce delivery. In such a case, you have no other choice than replacing the remote if it is under warranty.
Internal Damages (or) Water Damages
Again, it’s very common that we drop remotes from our hands unknowingly. Sometimes, we throw remotes into sofas or bed but they fall on the floor thus resulting in internal damages. You need to also make sure that your remote doesn’t get into water.
Miscommunication Between Other Bluetooth Devices At Home
It is quite interesting that some of the devices at your home may cause interruptions between amazon firestick remote. Of course, this is a technical thing but don’t worry, we have got your back.
Different Ways To Fix Amazon Firestick Remote Not Working Issue
The amazon firestick remote is not same for all the devices. Each variant of the amazon firestick such as Fire TV Basic Edition, 1st Generation, 2nd Generation, 3rd Generation, Firestick Lite have unique and indidual models. If you have any of the above devices or Fire TV Smart TV Remote and Fire TV Soundbar Remote, below fixes works like a charm.
1. Replace The Batteries In Your Fire TV Remote
This is the very first fix that you must give a try. Because the outdated batteries or drained batteries can cause the issue majority times. So, you will have to first check the batteries and replace them with new batteries.
Most of the times, you will receive the batteries along with the remote and that’s really a problem actually if already inserted. So, make sure to check the betteries and replace them with new ones.
2. Power Cycle Your Fire TV Stick and Firestick Remote
This is yet another good method which has got great results when tried. If you are sure about the batteries but still your fire tv stick remote not working, then power cycle it. Check out the simple instructions shared below for the same.
- Detach the back panel of your fire tv stick remote and remove the batteries completely.
- Rub the batteries and clean both sides of the betteries and both nodes of the battery points to remove clogged dust or rust.
- Put the betteries in to firestick remote and check if your firestick remote is still not working.
- Now, go near to the power socket where you plugged the connection to your fire tv stick. Unplug it from the power socket and remove the fire tv stick from your tv.
- Wait for at least 20 to 30 seconds and put it back into your tv.
- Turn on the power to it and test if it is working or still not working.
- In most of the cases, your firestick will start working with the same remote after a complete power cycle of firestick and fire tv remote.
3. Reset Your Fire TV Remote
This is the final step tht you have as a wonderful weapon among the all available options. It’s nothing but resetting your amazon fire tv stick remote carefully.
Let’s check out how it works with different remotes and models.
Firestick Basic Edition Remote
- Press and hold the [Home] button with one hand.
- Now, press [Menu] button 3 times continously with another hand, without any delay.
- Release the [Home] button now.
- Start pressing the [Menu] button for 9 times continously, no need to hold the press.
- Now, take out the batteries from the remote.
- Unplug your fire tv stick remote and wait at least 30 seconds to anywhere between 60 seconds.
- Now, plug in your fire tv stick and let it load it’s contents on tv.
- Put back the batteries to the remote now.
- Once you see the home screen on your tv, press and hold the [Home] button for at least 40 seconds.
- Wait approximately 1 minute for the setup to complete.
The above instructions will work only with fire tv stick basic edition remote. If you are using any other device, kindly check below for the instructions.
Firestick 1st Generation with Alexa Voice Remote
- Fire tv stick 1st generation is the very first device introduces with alexa voice search option. Moreover, it does not have a power button and volume up/down buttons.
- Firstly, unplug your fire tv stick from the tv and give it little time (nearly a minute).
- Press and hold the menu button and left button at the same time (in that round beeding like button around menu button.
- Hold both the buttons for at least 10 to 15 seconds.
- Release both the buttons at a time and wait for 5 seconds.
- Now, remove the batteries from the remote, plug in your firestick to the tv and wait for 60 seconds.
- Put back the batteries into the remote and wait for 60 seconds and then, press the [Home] button.
That’s all! the above steps works only if your amazon firestick alexa voice remote not working. You may not try these steps in any other model.
Firestick 2nd Gen, 3rd Gen with Alexa Voice Remote [Power Button & Volume Buttons]
- The firestick 2nd generation and 3rd generation will have power button and volume buttons in it.
- Detach the fire tv stick from power connection and your tv, wait for 60 seconds.
- Press the left button, menu button and back button at a time and hold all of them for at least 10 to 12 seconds.
- Release all the buttons at once and wait for 5 more seconds without doing anything.
- Remove the batteries from the remote and put them back after 10 seconds.
- Connect the fire tv stick to power and pug it to your tv.
- Press the [Home] button once you see the home screen of your tv.
Since amazon firestick 2nd generation and 3rd generation have the power button and volume buttons. This method works with both the devices when fire tv remote not working properly.
Firestick Lite with Alexa Voice Remote
- Make sure that the distance between the fire tv stick and it’s remote, at least 10 feet.
- Unplug the fire tv stick from power and remove it from tv as a first step.
- Press the left, menu and back buttons at a time and hold them for 12 seconds.
- Release those buttons and wait for 5 seconds before removing the batteries.
- Now, remove the batteries and connect the fire tv stick to power and to your tv.
- Put the batteries into the remote and press the [Home] button only once.
The instructions to fix amazon firestick lite remote not working is exactly as same as fixing firestick 2nd gen and 3rd gen remote.
On the other hand, the above instructions are suitable with Fire TV Smart TV Remote (Samsung, LG, Mi, Huewei, Phillips, Sony, Vu, etc) and Fire TV Soundbar Remote as well. So, you do not need to do anything new. If your fire tv smart tv remote is not working, you may try out the above instructions! that’s all.
Final Review – Amazon Firestick Remote Not Working [Fixed]
We have discussed various methods to fix if your amazon fire tv stick remote is not working. In this guide, you can see the instructions to fix fire tv stick lite remote, alaxa voice remote and various other models. If you still cannot fix the issue even after following all the instructions available on this page, return the remote to the company and ask them for a new one. Comment below if you have any doubts or questions regarding your firestick remote.